Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the best deals come from new members - therefore, offer first 90 days posting free - thereafter, an annual subscription fee of $12, $15, etc. to access unlimited classified ads.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I rarely get on the site much these days but have no problem with a pay to play system, it would reduce some clutter from folks that are too shady to deal with anyway. I let my supporter badge drop a year or so back but will be sending funds your way shortly to renew it ;)

I would suggest that if you're going to go with a pay-to-post-ads system, that you allow people to send in cash or money orders to a PO Box so that you could receive the money anonymously, associated only with the screen name not a real name.

I agree, and this has always been an option for supporter fees and always will be.

How would this implicate you legally in the sale of items if you are charging a fee?
I wouldn't think it would change anything but I would seek advice before implementing it.

Can you promise me I won't get banned by the mods if I pay, Steve?
No, I can not.

OS, I remember you once stated that supporter funds were no longer needed and unnecessary, overall, so I stopped supporting. If you did not need it, then I did not see the point, but since things have changed I will gladly renew my supporter status to support this site. I love this place and have had almost nothing but great experiences here.

Supporter status incoming.
I appreciate it tremendously but I'd also like to clarify to everyone that everything is fine, it's just slow and I'm just trying to adjust to it and prepare for the future at the same time, like anyone would probably do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom