• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please HELP! Inside Barrel Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

soggybottomboy

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
19   1
Reaction score
I have a Ruger 22/45 Lite Version. I bought it maybe 6 months ago brand new from Wild West Traders. I have put maybe 100 rounds through the barrel. I didn't clean it right away because I didn't figure it warranted a cleaning with that few of rounds.

Tonight, I was going to use a Hoppes Bore Snake I received for Christmas to clean it. I dropped the metal weight down the barrel and it stopped about half way. I tried going either directions with the same result. I finally got a flashlight and saw something that freaked me out.

Take a look at the pictures and tell me what happened and what I should do.

This is the picture looking into the barrel.
photo 1.JPG

I zoomed in to see this!!
photo 2.JPG

What the heck happened? 100 rounds and no rapid fire either.

What should I do? Would Ruger replace the barrel or pistol?

That's not lead cak in the chamber is it? Have you tried a dental pick to see if it moves?

This would be my thought first!

I bought an old 22 rifle and could barely see the sun through the barrel for all the leading. I don't believe it was ever cleaned in its 50 years. I used an acid and let it soak for awhile and it cleaned up to a nice shine and turned out to be a tack driver!!

Last edited:
Thats why I was asking if it was a rupture. I've had a MK1 come across my bench with multiple squibs in it with no damage.

I think RamRoddoc the nail on the head. Probably excessive leading. Since he don't say, but old lead seems to lead up guns easier since it has already started to corrode and break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom