• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please add my dad to your prayer lists. Updated 3-1-2024 See post #122 please.

To all who've prayed, wished us well, sent PMs, etc., I want to thank you so very much. I hate to report that Harold Turner died yesterday morning about 5:45 a.m. He was a good father although he himself had a horrible example to learn from. I always appreciated that about him. Never smoked anything or drank a drop of beer, wine or liquor in his life and set a good Christian example for us to follow but I got the drinking and smoking part wrong.

He's worked for the Dept. of Agriculture (as a young'un), several wholesale and retail grocers in management (Kroger) and finally owned and operated his own company where for the last 20 of the past 34 years he became known around Middle Georgia as "the BBQ Sauce Man." He had a great and meaningful business relationship with Mr. Roland Neal, owner of "Mrs. Griffin's BBQ Sauce" in Macon. Saddest day of my life was taking him to offload the last of his stock at the warehouse and telling Roland he just couldn't do it anymore (he was 80 at the time).

Harold loved to portray this image, as a gruff and mean man:
1709302830821.png

But in reality he was like this most of the time (pictured with my two younger brothers).
1709302882346.png

I'm going to miss him. I've really gotten to know him better than ever before over the past 19 months while taking care of him.

I appreciate you all and all your thoughts and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom