• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plans for Next Deer Season

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Just looking at what all is going on with availability of guns, ammo, prices...etc I am going to go back old school this Fall....iron sights, which is how I learned. I have much more 7.62x54r than .308 and .223(which are becoming more scarce and expensive). I could hunt with the Mosins for another hundred years and still have ammo. I killed my first 5-10 deer with iron sights and even now most of my shot opportunities are still under 100 yards. Just thinking about the future. On the other hand maybe a miracle will happen and all this drama and division in our culture will be back to a semblance of normalcy by October 2021 and commodities like ammo will be plentiful and affordable again. Just thinking.....
FB_IMG_1610508673634.jpg

My plans are to kill more than 2 deer. But that was the plan this year, too.

I have another 2.5 boxes of ammo, so I should be ok to sight and hunt; I hope

Bro pm me if you need ammo......
I am good. Just thinking if this goes for a few years.... being conservative may be wise. Using specific ammo with thousands in supply rather than ones you have a few hundred of. Thanks for looking out for me bro. I am talking about hunting ammo which I used 8 rounds this year.

I understand your metrics... But I am shooting. I have less hunting seasons in front of me, than behind me... I am taking my favorite gun for that hunt, and throwing caution to the wind!
That is a possibility too as I too do not have another 36 seasons(started deer hunting at 23) in front of me.

Ive been thinking of going back old school also, Im gonna take the old 30-30 marlin with iron sites and see if I can recapture some of the hunting memories from My youth. I havent shot a deer with it in 30+ years.

Back
Top Bottom