• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistol sights....3 dot or “I” dot which and why?

that’s actually what I thought I was getting when I ordered it but i accidentally got the standard dot. Didn’t realize it when in locked on it to order. From what I’ve read and all, the standard can be more precise and used for distance a bit better due to the smaller dot but still fast to pick up
Don't know, never have seen "standard" other than online. My eyes are not near as good as they used to be and why I bought the BIG Dots instead. I can get precise enough to do what I need to do. Not shooting long distance but I saw James Yeager shoot a metal plate shooting looking through his legs upside down. Good enough for me.

My preferred setup is a serrated black rear and a tritium front.

If I’m using a light, I can see the outline of my sights and don’t need tritium on the front and rear to line up.

If I’m not using my light, and I can ID the threat, that means that either:
A. There is enough ambient light to see the outline of my sights, and therefore I don’t need to line up tritium front and rear
B. I’m so close that I’m going to “point shoot” and I don’t need a rear sight at all

I have Dawson's serrated black rear sight and green fiber front on my carry G48, same sight set-up as on my competition blasters. I'll second Shep's comments on lighting—that's matched my observations shooting in different light levels.

For carry/defensive gun. I recently installed some XS DXT “I” dot sights on a g48. Yet to shoot em but def like the quick sight acquisition. It’s the xs standard dot I put on, not the BIG dot. But the whole “dot the I” is pretty quick. Whatcha all run and why? That is us uncool kids that don’t rock a red dot haha
Hell with all that money,point shoot for defense.

same reason I don't get coffee at starbucks or eat at a sushi bar, old style, tried and true work, that's why you are free and looking at gun forum on the internet.

My preferred setup is a serrated black rear and a tritium front.

If I’m using a light, I can see the outline of my sights and don’t need tritium on the front and rear to line up.

If I’m not using my light, and I can ID the threat, that means that either:
A. There is enough ambient light to see the outline of my sights, and therefore I don’t need to line up tritium front and rear
B. I’m so close that I’m going to “point shoot” and I don’t need a rear sight at all
I am assuming you have fairly young eyes that can see close up and far. I have aging eyes and have a hard time seeing items up close but see great at distance. Have you ever had an older person that could not see to read try your setup and like it?

Don't know about most but I feel pretty damn sure I'd never see the sights in a self defense situation.

Shooting paper? Dot the I is my preference as stated earlier

I am assuming you have fairly young eyes that can see close up and far. I have aging eyes and have a hard time seeing items up close but see great at distance. Have you ever had an older person that could not see to read try your setup and like it?

I’m 50YOA.

I haven’t had anyone say they didn’t like my setup, but not many folks shoot my guns.

Back
Top Bottom