• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up a new bow......

Id love to have a Z7 from what I have heard. I shoot an Outback and love it, but just ran up on this AR and had to grab it.

I was going to get an Outback when Ron at the old archery shop behind Pizza Hut told me that Mathews was bringing out their new bows in a couple of weeks and I should wait and check out the Switchback, of course that was in Dec. of 2005 so I took his advice and waited and wound up getting the Switchback. But I had been seeing all the commercials about the Z7 this year and my curiousity got the best of me and went to Gables and shot one there and I'm hooked man, I can pull more weight with it and get more speed out of the same weight arrows. We estimated with the new technology in the Z7 along with being able to pull more weight, I should be able to gain approx. 50 fps and get me around 290 fps! I may even get some arrows that are about 25 grains lighter and put me over 300 fps.:rockon:

As far as smoothness goes i don't think you can beat any matthew's. i've heard the new destroyer is a beast of a bow. I just couldn't ever own a bowtech because of the ones they had blow up. Anyone here ever shot a Strothers?

You got that statement right, but I've never seen a Strothers bow, I've heard of em' just never seen one.:confused2:

I want to shoot one, if you go to their website and search for dealers, it says that there is one in rome but i didn't know anyone in rome was a registered bow dealer.

Back
Top Bottom