• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up a MotoShot system

Watched the video. Interesting little robot. Seems not even close to real human attack speed though? Maybe a real fat guy wobbling to his pizza? Always good to have an unpredictable target though.... Just wouldn't get lulled into thinking that if I could shoot that at a 7 yd charge that I could shoot a 18 year old on meth. Had the opportunity to shoot on one of these http://mgmtargets.com/attack-target/attack-target and thought it's near impossible to shoot it at 7yd it was so fast. (I've got a solid sub 1-1.5 second draw.) I went out and raced it and beat it.. and I'm 50. Took an important lesson home that day about control of space, retreat and alternate shooting positions with an attacking threat. Especially if they have a knife. Looks fun would love to try it out.

The MGM attack target is a good system, just not very versatile and requires a lot more set up. No set up for the MotoShot, so I can easily take it anywhere I'm teaching.

The attacker coming straight at you isn't real realistic, as you should be off-lining.

I wouldn't necessarily use it as a close range attacker, but as a moving target for carbines and rifles at 50yds+ it works very well. I've used them in Sniper courses at various distances that are multiples of 100yds.

For training on something like the 7yd attack you mention, I use the Tueller Drill and similar.

Last edited:
oooowwww.. Nice for intermediate, longer range stuff. I can now see the value.... Be cool if you could arm it with sim's or paintball cannon for closer stuff. i live in Ellijay and use goats for long range slow movers. It's harder to pack up a goat for training though.:D

I've used the balloons-and-RC-truck setup many times in the past. It's great in Sniper courses when I put multiple balloons on it of different colors and the student has to hit a certain color.

Drawbacks are once the balloons are popped you have to stop and set it back up...that is, it can only take a finite amount of hits.

The MotoShot is more versatile. 3D targets, cardboard, balloons, what have you......they'll all work on the MotoShot.

A good drill is to put a cardboard or 3D hostage target on it and attach a balloon the size of the cranial vault to the head/shoulder/neck area. Take out the hostage taker balloon without hitting the hostage target.

One of the main issues I've had with the RC truck is the range that the remote will work. The MotoShot has a longer range, but I haven't figured out the limit of it yet.

Back
Top Bottom