People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are asking me and can't see the difference (which has been explained multiple times) between doing a BOS on a vehicle that legally requires registration, or any other object for that matter that isn't prone to targeting by thieves and which has ownership protected by the Constitution, and has an entire industry lobbying for it's elimination... well.... I'm quite certain I won't be able to explain it.

Well not just you in general but folks who refuse to sign one. I guess my point aims more towards those who say they wont do it because of a stranger having their name/address than those who refuse due to 2nd Amendment rights, etc. Either way somebody can get your info. Heck I'm sure most of these pro gun sites have government agents trolling them.

You are right. A gun is just an item and if I sell you a used coffee table, I won't demand a BoS.

Nor will I. I am not advocating for the use of bill of sales in any way shape or form. I'm just trying to point out that a bill of sale has legal significance in legal proceedings and has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. I am in a completely different camp than tony and riverbend.

Well not just you in general but folks who refuse to sign one. I guess my point aims more towards those who say they wont do it because of a stranger having their name/address than those who refuse due to 2nd Amendment rights, etc. Either way somebody can get your info. Heck I'm sure most of these pro gun sites have government agents trolling them.
Well true, you can find out a lot on the web with a little info. I'm not inclined to gift wrap it for the ill intentioned by handing it to them on a piece of paper. Those with no ill intent should understand.

Today I sold a gun to someone on here and bought a gun from someone on here. Both guys seemed to be straight up citizens. Nobody asked to see the other's personal information and I seriously doubt the thought even crossed anyone's mind. True story.... craziness abounds.

It's not the government, I don't trust you or your record keeping. How do I know you are not an identity thief or just an idiot who will not protect my info? How do I know your kid, girlfriend, boyfriend, or gardener will not have access to my info?

Nor will I. I am not advocating for the use of bill of sales in any way shape or form. I'm just trying to point out that a bill of sale has legal significance in legal proceedings and has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. I am in a completely different camp than tony and riverbend.

Has no legal significance. Perhaps some evidentiary signifigance.

It does have standing but it is not the magic "get out of jail free" card some think it is.

Well true, you can find out a lot on the web with a little info. I'm not inclined to gift wrap it for the ill intentioned by handing it to them on a piece of paper. Those with no ill intent should understand.

Today I sold a gun to someone on here and bought a gun from someone on here. Both guys seemed to be straight up citizens. Nobody asked to see the other's personal information and I seriously doubt the thought even crossed anyone's mind. True story.... craziness abounds.

You criminal!! Did you even think of the children!?!

Oh I agree with you there. I just wanted to see if I understood folks reasoning for not signing one. Most of my deals have gone as you described which is how I prefer. But I have signed a few when the other party wanted to or if it was from a site that didn't have a good feedback system to see if they were legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom