• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care so much. Personally, I dont require BOS and never mention it during any negotiations (unless the other guy brings it up). I always tell them the same thing whether they spring it at the meet or ask in advance... "I will let you take a quick look at my license and I will sign your piece of paper, but other than my signature, none of my personal info will be provided for a bill of sale."

I'd pack my stuff and leave. It's not about my address and phone number being out there because by that point they already have my phone number and I've done enough deals where things are mailed that people get my address.

I don't do it out of principal. It's not legally required and serves no legal purpose.

There is a reason that requirement is listed in the fields you are required to fill out when you sell. If I wanted it that bad I would sign it but most likely I would fold up and head home and then give them bad feed back for wasting my time by not following the instructions for a sale.

Last edited:
I have had this happen on two occasions. The first was with a trade plus cash on a rifle I had. He had a Beretta I wanted (surprised?). We never discussed a bos beforehand either. when he pulled out the pieces of paper and said blah blah blah bill of sale info I said 'well we didn't discuss this beforehand". I didn't want to be a total jerk so I just agreed to do it. About 45 minutes after we left I received a phone call from him that the rifle wasn't cycling correctly. I knew it was fine but for the sake of going down the list of possible issues I chose to ask where he was at, meaning what range since he was cycling rounds.. He said well I am in my living room. WHOA BUDDY. Even though I wanted the Beretta and the cash I met him and rescinded on the deal. No negative feedback or anything though I wanted to. Total idiotic move to cycle a rifle in your living room. I wanted the rifle back for a safety issue lol
The second time it happened was different. It was a trade. I drove over an hour to make it happen and when the other party whipped out the bos paperwork I just dropped my head. Same situation. Another bos without pm's to support it.. because I drove so far I chose to go ahead and do it because of the distance. I didn't want to make that long of a trip a total waste. Lessons learned.. The next time the bos paperwork gets whipped out without a pm trail supporting I am walking.

I've had this happen with a member on here that is a very vocal 2nd supporter....supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom