• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P365 X Macro Tacti-Cool?

Beulah Land

Default rank <3000 posts
An old song for an old soul
144   0
Reaction score
Was at the range today with a buddy and he was getting ready to shoot my gun and loaded a mag, put it in track and gave it a bump to seat it in place which sent the locked back slide back down and into battery. It will do this every time with a loaded mag which I’m assuming is not some new tacti-cool feature. It did not do it with his p365x, just my x macro. I’m guessing the round at the top of the mag is bumping the ledge of the slide stop lever which releases it? It doesn’t do it with an empty mag or with a loaded one if you just gently click it into place. I hate the hassle of having to send it back to factory lol.

I doubt the top round is hitting the slide release, and if it did, it should push it UP, not DOWN.

Watch through the top of the ejection port while easing the mag in and visually check if the top round is hitting the slide release. If it is, you'll be able to see it.

This phenomenon is not unknown amongst polymer framed pistols. I can get most of them to drop the slide when inserting a mag if I want to. For instance, on most Glocks, if you strike the bottom rear of the frame (immediately behind the magazine baseplate) in an upward and forward direction, the slide will drop if there is no mag inserted, or there is a loaded mag inserted.

I doubt the top round is hitting the slide release, and if it did, it should push it UP, not DOWN.

Watch through the top of the ejection port while easing the mag in and visually check if the top round is hitting the slide release. If it is, you'll be able to see it.

This phenomenon is not unknown amongst polymer framed pistols. I can get most of them to drop the slide when inserting a mag if I want to. For instance, on most Glocks, if you strike the bottom rear of the frame (immediately behind the magazine baseplate) in an upward and forward direction, the slide will drop if there is no mag inserted, or there is a loaded mag inserted.
Never had it happen on any glocks or other guns. I just couldn’t think of what else would be causing it if not the top round of the mag. I know it would bump it up, not down, but figured just being bumped at all would knock it off given how small of an area is holding on. I will look at it closer tonight. I know it’s not the most dangerous thing in the world but caught me off guard.

Back
Top Bottom