• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oysters

fuelman1

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
Anchored Shrimp in Brunswick started bringing in oysters from Virginia last week. They were very tasty. Nice and salty. I bought a half bushel and roasted them for dinner. Can’t wait for the gulf to start harvesting.
AC68D624-FE89-4F75-976F-393628085340.jpeg

I'm all for em, as long as there's the letter "R" in the month. I've had true food poisoning 2 times, once in July, once in May. Had to go to the ER on both occasions.
Yep, been there done that eating oysters in off season fortunately I wasn't ER bound just lived on the can for a couple of days.

Yep, been there done that eating oysters in off season fortunately I wasn't ER bound just lived on the can for a couple of days.
I tried to "ride" it out but after 4 days I was so dehydrated I was almost gone. This was was in 1994 and 1999. I haven't had any oysters in any month without a "R" in it ever since
In 1994 I got it at the oyster king in Acworth and in 1999 I got it in PCB.

Do y'all drink a little hard liquor when you eat oysters?
I sure did last night. Finished off a bottle of Eagle Rare. I only had a few of the oysters raw. Most of them I roasted open on the grill because I was feeling a little lazy and didn't feel like shucking. My girlfriend and I demolished a half bushel.

Back
Top Bottom