• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overseeding with native grasses?

Dundee

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
48   0
Reaction score
Have a section of lawn leading into a creek and a stand of the neighbors trees. It's pretty much pointless as a traditional lawn. Was thinking of getting it aerated in the next few weeks and overseeding with a grass mix that I'd allow to grow a lot longer, maybe cutting it back to the mowers highest setting every 3-4 weeks during summer.
Any thoughts? Will or won't work. Recommended seed blends, grass flowers etc.

Rebel tall fescue mix has proven to be a robust stand of grass for me in similar situations.

Sent from my 6165S using Tapatalk

If you want native grass seed, I have some native grass seed that we use on stream restoration sites, pretty neat stuff, has some big blue stem, little blue stem along with some others .
That would be great, I saw some garden services on here, I'll talk to him about getting aeration done and get back to you.
I'd googled Georgia wildflower seeds, would it work at all in mixing that into something like your seed blend?

This mid will have some wildflowers in it, the one I can think of right off hand is the black eyed Susan, I will get out there today and see if I have any bags with the labels still on them and send that to you, also if you wind up wanting some I will get you a few pounds.

Back
Top Bottom