• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATED PICS Wife wanted a fire pit with plenty of seating…

Just don’t rush firing it up. Had a neighbor put one in, beautiful job, Mexicans cautioned him to give the concrete slab plenty of time to cure.
’course, he couldn’t wait to show it off, big fire, everyone sitting around it got a bath in ash and embers when it exploded.
I was trying to "save money" when I got my first Green Egg about a year ago. I had some scrap 4x4 lumber and some decking, so I built a table, cut a hole in and plopped the Egg down on a stone paver that I pulled out from the backyard. I had seen those $100 metal leg stands but I was not about to spend ANY more money. Well, I dumped a bag of charcoal in it, lit it and slowly coaxed it up above 800 to burn off whatever was in it...I had gotten used. I closed the back door and came inside and about two minutes later I thought a bomb had gone off on my porch. I guess there was moisture in the paver and it got too hot, too fast and it Kilo Bravo'd all over my back deck. Holes through the deck chairs, ripped up the plastic table, dents in the door. The whole nine. Grill was fine...just sitting an inch lower than it had been.

I bought the metal leg stand that night. :nod:

Sweet fire ring, OP. :thumb:

How long did it take them Mexicans to do that?

684f9bd6-b40e-4a60-b8a7-fc7447bfdb07-jpeg.5807756

Literally.....😆

i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens.png

I was trying to "save money" when I got my first Green Egg about a year ago. I had some scrap 4x4 lumber and some decking, so I built a table, cut a hole in and plopped the Egg down on a stone paver that I pulled out from the backyard. I had seen those $100 metal leg stands but I was not about to spend ANY more money. Well, I dumped a bag of charcoal in it, lit it and slowly coaxed it up above 800 to burn off whatever was in it...I had gotten used. I closed the back door and came inside and about two minutes later I thought a bomb had gone off on my porch. I guess there was moisture in the paver and it got too hot, too fast and it Kilo Bravo'd all over my back deck. Holes through the deck chairs, ripped up the plastic table, dents in the door. The whole nine. Grill was fine...just sitting an inch lower than it had been.

I bought the metal leg stand that night. :nod:

Sweet fire ring, OP. :thumb:
My neighbor was lucky, the walls of the pit held his in, blast went straight up. Said he pretty much knows how a volcano works now.
He didn’t mention, but I bet everyone there had to change their undies.

Back
Top Bottom