Our local fire station burned

Stuff happens. I seem to remember the Mountain View Volunteer Fire Dept. (down by Forrest Park) burned to the ground in the mid to late 1960s.

FYI, here is a way to find the 3 closest fire stations to your address:

I knew I had seen this episode before....
King of the Hill
A Fire Fighting We Will Go

I understand having a volunteer department in rural settings, but the old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind when it comes to things like fire service, police service and EMS service. Here in Upson it's volunteer as well. If my house catches on fire ,it's going to the ground. I would rather pay higher taxes for a paid department that's manned with enough staff to actually fight a fire then pay these rediculous insurance premiums due to not having fire coverage. Just my 2cents. Monroe county has the best training facility in the state yet once you leave GPSTC grounds it's podunkville fire service. These counties are seeing massive amounts of people moving in from metro Atlanta. With that is tax dollars. Hope they start upgrading services and stop letting the old guard pocket it all.

Now they have the chance to "Build Back Better"!

Hopefully county insurance will cover the structure and equipment and they get an upgrade.

I understand having a volunteer department in rural settings, but the old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind when it comes to things like fire service, police service and EMS service. Here in Upson it's volunteer as well. If my house catches on fire ,it's going to the ground. I would rather pay higher taxes for a paid department that's manned with enough staff to actually fight a fire then pay these rediculous insurance premiums due to not having fire coverage. Just my 2cents. Monroe county has the best training facility in the state yet once you leave GPSTC grounds it's podunkville fire service. These counties are seeing massive amounts of people moving in from metro Atlanta. With that is tax dollars. Hope they start upgrading services and stop letting the old guard pocket it all.

Volunteer and podunk don't always mean bad. Many volunteer fire departments have better response times than most paid big city departments.

Back
Top Bottom