• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

OOOOLD RECORDS!!

I figure one day that old albums will either become somewhat valued as collectors stuff of become frisbees. Until then I will still keep mine and listen to some of them . :becky:
Some records can be pretty valuable, especially ones from the 90's when vinyl pressings were pretty rare.

There's this website Discogs that's an amazing database/marketplace for music releases in general, but vinyl especially.

I still have my stereo that I bought in the 70-80's (Marantz, Technics, Klipsch). When we broke up, the ex-GF got all the albums, and I got the CD's - at the time, I thought I was making out, now that I'm trying to replace a lot of the albums, I got screwed. Meanwhile, I have managed to replace a few albums over the years since - mostly Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers, Clapton, Doors, etc...

IMG_8174.jpg

when we cleaned out Grandma’s condo a few months back we brought home the old record player. Me and my cousins used to listen to this when we visited as kids. It still works but needs some repair. Tough to find people repairing 60 year old record players. I think the warranty has expired, too.

Attachments

• 603B4B6F-0ABC-4676-8D75-056A5532F12D.jpeg
    603B4B6F-0ABC-4676-8D75-056A5532F12D.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 8BC158B4-A9E1-4657-B1C8-726F4C6B8FB3.jpeg
    8BC158B4-A9E1-4657-B1C8-726F4C6B8FB3.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4
I listen to my lp’s almost every day. I have a little over 700 albums. I just love the sound of a record playing. Bring back some great memories. Maybe you could make a list of the ones you want to get rid of and post it. I know I’d be interested in any by Patsy Cline.

when we cleaned out Grandma’s condo a few months back we brought home the old record player. Me and my cousins used to listen to this when we visited as kids. It still works but needs some repair. Tough to find people repairing 60 year old record players. I think the warranty has expired, too.
If you are anywhere near Cumming, Brad @ Entertainment Mart, is one of the last old school electronics repair shops. I've used him and he is fast and reasonable for repairs.

I am going through my Record collection. Thinking of selling most. But I have been through and found some I may not, could not part with.

I have everything from WW2 records to Patsy Cline to Jim Reeves to Willie to Bob Wills and even some Bing Crosby. All are in excellent conditions.

What do you y’all think?
I picked up a Glenn Miller big band album years ago at a garage sale.

If you are anywhere near Cumming, Brad @ Entertainment Mart, is one of the last old school electronics repair shops. I've used him and he is fast and reasonable for repairs.
That might be worth a drive. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom