• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One Year Event?

Which of these would you attend May 21? (You can choose multiple)

• Lunch at a restaurant in Metro Atlanta

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Shooting Range Meet up outside of Atlanta

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Airsoft

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Cookout at a park or campground

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • I love the ODT, I'll make it to any of them!

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Sorry, can't make it to anything May 21. :(

Votes: 15 24.6%

• Total voters
The only car accident I have had in my life was on the way to an ODT event, so I don't know.:p

I'm up for anything. Okuma, what exactly does "NO RESTROOMS NEARBY" mean? Would we have to leave the park? Or is it that the restrooms aren't near the pavilion? I'm always the one to ask the bathroom questions, long story.:madgrin:

Last edited:
Its been awhile since Ive been there but High falls was a nice place and they have picnic shelters with 4 tables and grill. Thought it might be worth a mention.

Below is the information for Campground : HIGH FALLS PICNIC SHELTERS Close
($50/65 per day) Picnic Shelter #1: Open-sided covered shelter, located near playgrounds. Shelter has water, electricity, 4 picnic tables, and grill. Maximum 25 vehicles. All visitors are required to have ParkPass. Picnic Shelter#2: Open-sided covered shelter, located near lake edge and swimming pool. Not easy access, cannot be driven to, is located approximately 100 yards from the parking area. Limited handicapped accessibility and not well suited for the elderly. Shelter has water, electricity, 4 picnic tables, and grill. Maximum 25 vehicles. All visitors are required to have ParkPass. Picnic Shelter #3: Open-sided covered shelter, located primarily by itself. Not easy access, is located approximately 100 yards from the parking area and cannot be driven to. This shelter is not well suited for the elderly. Shelter has 4 picnic tables and grill. Maximum 25 vehicles. All visitors are required to have ParkPass. Picnic Shelter #4: Open-sided covered shelter, located near an ADA accessible restroom. Very shady site. Shelter has 4 picnic tables, grill, water, and electricity. Ideally suited for the elderly. Maximum 25 vehicles. All visitors are required to have ParkPass. Picnic Shelter #5: Open-sided covered shelter, located by itself near the office. Shelter has 4 picnic tables, trash cans, grill, and electricity. Maximum 25 vehicles. All visitors are required to have a ParkPass.

I went to an event there several years ago. Was a nice place. As shown above, there are several open sided shelters, picnic tables, etc. I believe the only bathrooms were at the ranger HQ which was walking or driving distance depending on which shelter you were using. Inconvenient, but not impossible. Too public to use the woods. Steve, I assume you have confirmed this in not a CofE property??? Also, assume adult beverages would not be an option under the circumstances.

Not a coe property, says explicitly on the website that firearms are .permitted as long as you have a carry permit. It even goes over what states we have reciprocity with.

No alcohol allowed at the park.

The only car accident I have had in my life was on the way to an ODT event, so I don't know.:p

I'm up for anything. Okuma, what exactly does "NO RESTROOMS NEARBY" mean? Would we have to leave the park? Or is it that the restrooms aren't near the pavilion? I'm always the one to ask the bathroom questions, long story.:madgrin:

I'm gonna ride out there tomorrow and check it out myself, ill let you know how it looks.

One of the Sweetwater Creek Group Shelter.
i54.tinypic.com_29xwubd.jpg

Sweetwater Creek Boat Dock.
i52.tinypic.com_66aute.jpg

Sweetwater Creek Ruins.
i53.tinypic.com_2ilo9qd.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_25umr6u.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom