• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One Owner Vehicles For Sale

MegaFan

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
137   0
Reaction score
This just cracks me up to see someone advertising a "one owner vehicle" yet that person is not the original "one owner"? What if the current owner bought it at an auction, for example, where it was advertised as a "one owner"? Could it really still be classified as a "one owner" yet it might have passed through two or more hands in this selling "off the books" process?

I especially like the part where "miles will continue to increase as we drive it"... but it has no license plate, implying that the current owner has not transferred the title nor registered that "one owner" vehicle! I guess that keeps it as a "one owner", right?

Seems like deceit and/or fraud to me, but what do I know!!

We bought a Ranger new a few years back, still have it, but there’s two of us….

Oh, I hate that... you will never be able to truthfully say it was a "one owner", right? I bought a new vehicle in 2009, still have it, and it is a true "one owner" with only 38,000 miles. However, because I moved out of GA, my Alabama title says it was purchased "used" (because not brought into state as "new"). So, I have a title that says my car was "used" yet it is documented as a "one owner" and will remain a "one owner" until I eventually sell it, I suppose.

This just cracks me up to see someone advertising a "one owner vehicle" yet that person is not the original "one owner"? What if the current owner bought it at an auction, for example, where it was advertised as a "one owner"? Could it really still be classified as a "one owner" yet it might have passed through two or more hands in this selling "off the books" process?

I especially like the part where "miles will continue to increase as we drive it"... but it has no license plate, implying that the current owner has not transferred the title nor registered that "one owner" vehicle! I guess that keeps it as a "one owner", right?

Seems like deceit and/or fraud to me, but what do I know!!

I dont always transfer a title until im sure i want to keep the car. Blame the valorem tax for that. I used to buy sell and trade all the time but now they make it impossible to do it "the right way". Say i buy a project corvette that doesnt run and know i'm going to spend X amount of time and dollars to fix it. I'm not going to transfer that title until the car is running, once running, maybe i like, maybe i dont, maybe life has changed by then and i sell it.... without giving the government $7-800 in taxes.

theoretically speaking.
206858668_1140464349763130_5504413495599548137_n.jpg

One owner only helps if they kept detailed maintenance records. I have always kept a small note pad in each of my vehicles that got updated every time I did anything to them. If someone doesn’t keep those type records, it doesn’t mean anything to me that they are the only owner.

Lets also say..... theoretically speaking.....

You had multiple cars that looked almost the same, you could get away with not registering them all as well. Since, for example, a black corvette is a black corvette when they run a tag.

Theoretically speaking..... and also avoid paying even more valorem tax. I would never do something like that, but someone could, in theory, probably get away with it.
72301740_688870654922504_3484931520467042304_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom