• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On my way to getting off blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds

Trailrider Trailrider I’m 55 now and got on Zetia. It’s a non statin. It only brings my cholesterol down about 50 points but so far, after 6 months, no side effects. Crestor and lovostatin were ruining my quality of life in my 40’s…just wasn’t worth the pain. I didn’t want to trade the “unknown” in my arteries for the known crippling pain in my joints.

I will add that, when they said I needed to go on statins, my cholesterol was 228... my HDL was fine. Triglycerides were high too, around 220s. The more I read in to it that seems pretty low to be put on meds... but they said by total should be under 200 and Tri under 150...

Yup, they act like that “200” is some magic number…it’s just an arbitrary line. When my doctor brought up my BMI number, he lost all credibility. That crap is as accurate as reading the horoscopes to get your lucky numbers.

Yup, they act like that “200” is some magic number…it’s just an arbitrary line. When my doctor brought up my BMI number, he lost all credibility. That crap is as accurate as reading the horoscopes to get your lucky numbers.
Yeah that's another one. I weigh about 210 at about 6'1". They said my BMI is about 27, which is considered overweight. So yeah put me on those pills I guess.

Yeah that's another one. I weigh about 210 at about 6'1". They said my BMI is about 27, which is considered overweight. So yeah put me on those pills I guess.
They measured my waist outside my pants and belt and at the time it came up 36” and they told me I was obese. I wore 32” pants and had a 44” chest. BMI doesn’t factor in muscle mass. (Or crappy technique by nurses).

I showed them though…I went ahead and got old and fat so I fit the description…who am I to question the “science”?!?

They measured my waist outside my pants and belt and at the time it came up 36” and they told me I was obese. I wore 32” pants and had a 44” chest. BMI doesn’t factor in muscle mass. (Or crappy technique by nurses).

I showed them though…I went ahead and got old and fat so I fit the description…who am I to question the “science”?!?
Sounds like we have similar builds. That's how they measure me too. And weighed me fully clothed, shoes and belt on too. I'm like you don't want me to take that off first? Nope. Well congrats now your fat.

Back
Top Bottom