• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On my way to getting off blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
My wife started listening to this lady and it all makes sense as to why so many people are on medication they shouldn’t need if they follow her expertise

Interesting. So my issue has always been high cholesterol but my blood pressure is always fine. Started taking fish oil and drinking more water, also moved to sea salt. But my cholesterol is still higher than normal. Nothing like crazy high, but in the high range of normal to low range of bad if that makes sense. But it was enough they wanted to put me on some statins. I'd love to get off of them though. I hate being on medication!

OP, good info. Below was achieved with a daily magnesium malate supplement and potassium rich Dead Sea salt. I eat a good bit of salt. I also walk at least one mile per day.

1677093472481.png

1677093959382.png

I am missing an enzyme that removes cholesterol from the body. Dr said I could eat grass 24/7 and still have high cholesterol.

Finally got an injectable that has it down to under 25.

Blood Pressure is also down in the proper range after years of staying high even with the BP meds.

Interesting. So my issue has always been high cholesterol but my blood pressure is always fine. Started taking fish oil and drinking more water, also moved to sea salt. But my cholesterol is still higher than normal. Nothing like crazy high, but in the high range of normal to low range of bad if that makes sense. But it was enough they wanted to put me on some statins. I'd love to get off of them though. I hate being on medication!
You may have hereditarily high cholesterol. My mom, myself and my daughter have it. My mom is skinny as a rail and has been eating twigs and berries (just kidding but not by much) and her cholesterol is in the 500’s! Mine, even in my cross country running prime, was never below 325. Statins lower my mom’s to 230 but literally cripple my joints so I cannot take them. I talked to a research cardiologist about it and she said “we really don’t know enough about cholesterol to know how bad it really is for you or even if it is actually bad for you”…she wouldn’t recommend men or women to even be on statins until at least their 50’s. She said the real research isn’t there yet but the pharmaceutical industry research is a different animal 😉

But that’s just one researcher’s opinion, do your own investigation.

After years of being on statins I was finally able to get off those nasty things. They're really not healthy and do bad things to your body.
I lucked into a Dr who's willing to put his patients well being ahead of the pharmaceutical companies and think outside the prescribed box.
He had me start taking Onion and Garlic both of which are natural cholesterol lowerers and added Qunol as a supplement.
It didn't happen right away and it took a few months but after my last visit my numbers where low enough to chuck the statins.
Of course with the onion and garlic nobody wants to kiss me but I'm too old and ugly to care anyway.
Now if I could just get my blood sugar down...

After years of being on statins I was finally able to get off those nasty things. They're really not healthy and do bad things to your body.
I lucked into a Dr who's willing to put his patients well being ahead of the pharmaceutical companies and think out the prescribed box.
He had me start taking Onion and Garlic both of which are natural cholesterol lowerers and added Quinol as a supplement.
It didn't happen right away and it took a few months but after my last visit my numbers where low enough to chuck the statins.
Of course with the onion and garlic nobody wants to kiss me but I'm too old and ugly to care anyway.
Did you mean Qunol supplements? If so, which one? Turmeric?

You may have hereditarily high cholesterol. My mom, myself and my daughter have it. My mom is skinny as a rail and has been eating twigs and berries (just kidding but not by much) and her cholesterol is in the 500’s! Mine, even in my cross country running prime, was never below 325. Statins lower my mom’s to 230 but literally cripple my joints so I cannot take them. I talked to a research cardiologist about it and she said “we really don’t know enough about cholesterol to know how bad it really is for you or even if it is actually bad for you”…she wouldn’t recommend men or women to even be on statins until at least their 50’s. She said the real research isn’t there yet but the pharmaceutical industry research is a different animal 😉

But that’s just one researcher’s opinion, do your own investigation.
I lucked into a Dr who's willing to put his patients well being ahead of the pharmaceutical companies and think out the prescribed box.
He had me start taking Onion and Garlic both of which are natural cholesterol lowerers and added Quinol as a supplement.
Thank you for your input. I agree, I don't like being on them. And I've noticed the side effects as well. I'm in my mid 40s and eat pretty well and exercise pretty regularly. I noticed pain in my joints not long after going on them. I also started having sleep issues when I never used to before. Also more tired than I used to be. I honestly felt a lot better before I was on them even though my lab work suggested I wasn't. I have my yearly coming up in about a week so I'm going to bring these things up and see what else I can try. I'm all about more natural remedies these days...

Back
Top Bottom