• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Old video game consoles import collector?

Never played a Odyssey seen one locked in a glass case a few times. Not very popular from what I have read its pretty rare and games were aswell. Didnt know there was a TV with built in NES.

Some times I think Im knowledgable and then you guys throw me these rare gems.
Not helping my habit!! Lol

I played the Odyssey system several times when I was about 10 years old. Lol. Many of their games had better graphics than the Atari 2600, but they never caught on like the 2600.

My parents still have an Atari 5200 somewhere in their attic. :)

So recently I got this wild hair to start collecting video games and consoles. Wonder how many out there in the community collect too. Can't kill a cartridge console!! Any of your collection import or European?

I am looking for a few things as well.
Clearly, you didn't have an original NES.

And I think my old Dreamcast is at my parent's house somewhere.

What would make you think I never had a NES!! I had one and was given away as Super Nintendo made its way to the market!! I played the system left system on cause there was no save option!!! Over time some years later those same NES systems are still running and function!! Now since I never had one the likely hood of me getting a vintage or old NES that's been tucked away in a box that still works is better then buying a used Xbox 360 that's known to have RRD. Not to mention one good drop or bump and your disc is trash and out $60!!! Lets see $60 NES games I could probably buy 20 at that price maybe more.

I don't claim to know all there is to know and on reason I reached out to widen my knowledge in a hobby I enjoy!! Thank you all for your kind replies.

I loved the NES console was one of my favorites even with that laughing dog when you missed a duck!!!

What would make you think I never had a NES!! I had one and was given away as Super Nintendo made its way to the market!! I played the system left system on cause there was no save option!!! Over time some years later those same NES systems are still running and function!! Now since I never had one the likely hood of me getting a vintage or old NES that's been tucked away in a box that still works is better then buying a used Xbox 360 that's known to have RRD. Not to mention one good drop or bump and your disc is trash and out $60!!! Lets see $60 NES games I could probably buy 20 at that price maybe more.

I don't claim to know all there is to know and on reason I reached out to widen my knowledge in a hobby I enjoy!! Thank you all for your kind replies.

I loved the NES console was one of my favorites even with that laugh dog when you missed a duck!!!
You never had a problem making the original NES work? I think I spent half the year I was 7, cursing at that thing, and blowing in the cartridges. And I tried to kill that damn dog every time.

You still have to blow in them. A little alcohol helps too trick I learned from a game buddy!!! I didn't ever run into issues other then blowing in the games.

You still have to blow in them. A little alcohol helps too trick I learned from a game buddy!!! I didn't ever run into issues other then blowing in the games.
Same here, but that used to irritate the hell out of me when I was that age. That, and Rygar. Never could beat that game.

I wish I Could collect more. I kinda stopped about 10 years ago. Right now in a box.

NES
SNES
N64
Sega
Yellow Odyssey
Atari 2600
GameCube

Then have a Xbox 360 in living room. I have had others but didnt keep them. Like a Turbo Grafx 16 which I loved. And a Wii.

Same here, but that used to irritate the hell out of me when I was that age. That, and Rygar. Never could beat that game.

Rygar was fun. Ninja Gaiden made me so mad. At least 1 controller and one NES door got broke from those birds on like Act 4 or 5, i dont remember. I try to block it out of my mind.

Back
Top Bottom