• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Old Coke Machines

MattN1985

Army Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
So my grandparents are hitting that point in life where they are ready to clean out and get rid of stuff. They live ok but money can get a little tight sometimes. I'm trying to help them get rid of some stuff but much of it I dont know much about including what it is worth. They have 2 coke machines but I dont even know where to start with them. Any information on these things or even directon on where we can offload them would be appreciated. We also have a ton of old glass bottles, wood crates to hold them, and even some wire racks. That hold the bottles.

Attachments

• 20220419_133152.jpg
    20220419_133152.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220419_133142.jpg
    20220419_133142.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 107
So my grandparents are hitting that point in life where they are ready to clean out and get rid of stuff. They live ok but money can get a little tight sometimes. I'm trying to help them get rid of some stuff but much of it I dont know much about including what it is worth. They have 2 coke machines but I dont even know where to start with them. Any information on these things or even directon on where we can offload them would be appreciated. We also have a ton of old glass bottles, wood crates to hold them, and even some wire racks. That hold the bottles.

Ask this guy alleycat alleycat . They are collectable but finding the collectors is the problem.

Here's a link to the ATL chapter of the Coca-Cola Collector's club. Someone there may be able to assist you with the values and to locate a buyer. You may want to consider selling them all as a lot....there are so many bottles out there and it's very labor-intensive to sell and ship them individually.

Those 1950's "Vendorlator" machines (and older) are very cool but they are often difficult to sell because of their size. Most folks want a machine that will easily fit in a game room or garage to dispense their beverages. Typically they'll also need to have their refrigeration systems updated because the r-12 is no longer made. Your target buyer will be someone who needs them for parts or someone who'll want to spend the $$ to refurbish them. (Ebay or Craigslist are great platforms for this sort of thing, just be sure to have them come and get the machines vs. you trying to palletize them and ship them via common carrier.

PS....the wire racks are highly collectable especially if they have any signage attached.

Here's a link to the ATL chapter of the Coca-Cola Collector's club. Someone there may be able to assist you with the values and to locate a buyer. You may want to consider selling them all as a lot....there are so many bottles out there and it's very labor-intensive to sell and ship them individually.

Those 1950's "Vendorlator" machines (and older) are very cool but they are often difficult to sell because of their size. Most folks want a machine that will easily fit in a game room or garage to dispense their beverages. Typically they'll also need to have their refrigeration systems updated because the r-12 is no longer made. Your target buyer will be someone who needs them for parts or someone who'll want to spend the $$ to refurbish them. (Ebay or Craigslist are great platforms for this sort of thing, just be sure to have them come and get the machines vs. you trying to palletize them and ship them via common carrier.

PS....the wire racks are highly collectable especially if they have any signage attached.
Thank you, here is the funny part. My grandfather was a builder who worked on everything including heating and air. We have a surplus of r-12 we can sell them to go with it. He knew that the stuff would one day be gold so he saved as much of it as he could and even got a machine to salvage it out of old systems when they would be taken out of service.

Thank you, here is the funny part. My grandfather was a builder who worked on everything including heating and air. We have a surplus of r-12 we can sell them to go with it. He knew that the stuff would one day be gold so he saved as much of it as he could and even got a machine to salvage it out of old systems when they would be taken out of service.
Wow, what a score!

Back
Top Bottom