Ok, need some help

Howard Shadix

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
Well I’ve come across something I’ve never seen before. I had some Federal Premium 7mm magnum cases that have been sitting since 1991. While cleaning I decided to go ahead and clean and de-prime, who knows I might get another one after all this time. After tumbling,as I was set to de-prime I noted a piece of paper in one. Cleared and continued. Then I noticed it in several more cases so I fished it out with a paper clip and took pics. It’s got the consistency of a light paper like product and fibrous like old news print but thicker. It wasn’t in all of them and it wasn’t intact in the media if it came out of the others. Brass was kept in box in a military ammo can since 1991.

What is it???? Very curious, a filler to make case “full”?
D4EDE6B4-3513-4D85-A443-B59FFBE42FDF.jpeg
80C6821E-81A4-45EC-A3EF-4E7A45B6E21E.jpeg
73F47ABB-CB38-4E33-9F8C-D83D80568836.jpeg

If they were once fired shouldn't be anything in there. If you weren't the one that shot them it looks like the work of a bored 5 year old. Usually you'll find dirt, stuck tumbling media, bugs, spider webs etc. I'm thinking bored kid.

Well I’ve come across something I’ve never seen before. I had some Federal Premium 7mm magnum cases that have been sitting since 1991. While cleaning I decided to go ahead and clean and de-prime, who knows I might get another one after all this time. After tumbling,as I was set to de-prime I noted a piece of paper in one. Cleared and continued. Then I noticed it in several more cases so I fished it out with a paper clip and took pics. It’s got the consistency of a light paper like product and fibrous like old news print but thicker. It wasn’t in all of them and it wasn’t intact in the media if it came out of the others. Brass was kept in box in a military ammo can since 1991.

What is it???? Very curious, a filler to make case “full”?View attachment 4333231View attachment 4333233View attachment 4333272
I hope it is not asbestos brother.

Also mention of Kapok in a few places but always in the context of reduced loads.

These are factory load Federal Premium 7mm Mag, maybe they were larger scale testing a powder or something.

Back
Top Bottom