• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Official ODT Silver Thread

100 years ago an ounce of Silver would buy a few cheap bottles of whisky.
Same today

I'm out of the game
I have absolutely no idea where you got the notion that 100 ounces of silver buys a few cheap bottles of whiskey either today or 100 years ago. 100 year ago a single dime (made of 90% silver) would buy you a nice steak dinner. Today, silver is grossly and historically under priced. By the way, today you could probably get 10 or 11 bottles of cheap whiskey with that 100 ounces, but if silver jumped up to its high in 1980 (and adjusted for inflation today, which would still be under priced) then today silver would be about $150 an ounce, which would mean you'd actually get 60 bottles of cheap whiskey.

I have absolutely no idea where you got the notion that 100 ounces of silver buys a few cheap bottles of whiskey either today or 100 years ago. 100 year ago a single dime (made of 90% silver) would buy you a nice steak dinner. Today, silver is grossly and historically under priced. By the way, today you could probably get 10 or 11 bottles of cheap whiskey with that 100 ounces, but if silver jumped up to its high in 1980 (and adjusted for inflation today, which would still be under priced) then today silver would be about $150 an ounce, which would mean you'd actually get 60 bottles of cheap whiskey.

Re-read this original statement, you misread the ratio.

I said an ounce.
That's 1 ounce
About 50 cents per.
Whisky was 25 cents a bottle, 5 cents a gill.

Next

Weird. I've been buying trading and selling since the 80s and have made all of my original investment back plus I have a large supply of silver and gold.

Doing it wrong doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom