• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

....I pay people $3 an ounce more than APMEX and I sell online to people for $6 less an ounce then APMEX. Go find another dealer who pays people 21% more and sells for 36% less than their biggest competitor. I'll wait.

I'm also a collector, I sell to pay my costs and to fund my personal collection. For Geiger I pay $14 an ounce more than APMEX and I don't sell Geiger. Ever.

I agree. I am a long- time member of the GNA (Georgia Numismatic Association). I go to coin shows around Atlanta. The big annual Dalton show was cancelled, and I am not sure about the monthly shows in Marietta. Your offers are better than any dealer that I have ever meet.

A business must pay for insurance, transportation, and maybe hotel rooms. They also pay profits from sales to the IRS and Georgia Dept. of Revenue. Many need to buy a business license. It's a tough business.

I agree. I am a long- time member of the GNA (Georgia Numismatic Association). I go to coin shows around Atlanta. The big annual Dalton show was cancelled, and I am not sure about the monthly shows in Marietta. Your offers are better than any dealer that I have ever meet.

A business must pay for insurance, transportation, and maybe hotel rooms. They also pay profits from sales to the IRS and Georgia Dept. of Revenue. Many need to buy a business license. It's a tough business.
I appreciate that. I pay taxes to have this buisness just like all dealers. With buying how I do and selling how I do I made a 6% profit last year. If this was my main job it wouldnt support my family. It's just something I do on the side that takes up all my extra time. I dont have a public storefront but I do have a completely finished basement that I converted into an office and use 100% of for my buisness and product.

Isnt it funny that you say my offers are better than any dealer you've dealt with but others are mad at me for not selling at spot....even though I pay more and sell for less than most.

I appreciate that. I pay taxes to have this buisness just like all dealers. With buying how I do and selling how I do I made a 6% profit last year. If this was my main job it wouldnt support my family. It's just something I do on the side that takes up all my extra time. I dont have a public storefront but I do have a completely finished basement that I converted into an office and use 100% of for my buisness and product.

Isnt it funny that you say my offers are better than any dealer you've dealt with but others are mad at me for not selling at spot....even though I pay more and sell for less than most.
some folks arent mad at the spot thing; i think its the perceived trying to make a buck on the uncertainty (not accusing you of anything mind you)

ive always been a fan of caveat venditor and caveat emptor, you have something you value at X, i value it at Y, we may or may not come to an agreement and trade may or may not happen.

personally i have no idea if your price is good or not, because as others point out the dealers will give you melt but the premium (especially now) is astronomical. the schism between the ETF market and the physical silver really ****ed up any trade confidence i have in using the spot as an indicator. dealers should stop using spot as an indicator or the prices stabilize where an expressed premium becomes the norm, IE junk silver was ,19 to ,59 cents per ounce, not 7.99 over spot

from both sides i can see it; you want to make a return on what you put down and other folks are saying you are engaging in the hype and your silver aint worth that (of course if people buy it i guess it is?? who knows)

for the above reasons i am STAYING OUT of the market altogether. i personally think you are well within your right to charge as much as 35 to 40 an oz if you can get it. i also personally dont care for engaging in hype selling or buying. i think as a hobbyist/stacker it does nothing but screw the market up more; and i encourage everyone to refrain from it as a means of hopefully seeing the big dealers (the guys who actually control the ****) drop their asinine premiums.

...Isn't it funny that you say my offers are better than any dealer you've dealt with but others are mad at me for not selling at spot....even though I pay more and sell for less than most.

I am not surprised.:D It's the ODT Code of Offers.

As a GNA member, I am only a hobby guy with silver (1964 and older silver coins) and then mostly 1933 or older gold coins.

St-Gaudens3.jpg

Gold is hot today and silver is near a long-term bottom. I say silver will eventually break out to greater prices.

I don't want to offend folks or cause issues so that'll be the last I say on it. I think my prices are fair and I'm being confused with someone else because I've never made an offer to him to trade silver for a pistol. (That I could find in either PM or postings)

Hell me and chucklenut chucklenut had a deal where I sent him something I paid for, for nothing, but then he turned around and sent me something as a thank you. It's not always about the money.

Sometimes i send free stuff to folks with kids to get them started, a free Mercury dime, silver certificate, etc. I'm a firm believer in the more the merrier when it comes to this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom