• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

October Rimfire Match: Suppressor Prize!

Any update on this? Have we met our minimum of 8 shooters? I have another friend who wants to shoot and maybe 3 others.

How much running is involved? How many stages will there be? Will we be shooting steel and/or paper targets?? What kind of shooting positions will be we shooting in?

No sir, no update at the moment. We have only 2 positive YES shooters as of now.

The running will be more like a fast trot. For about 20 yards, at the most. Shooters will engage both steel and paper. Stages will most likely be (4). This is a fairly large area, that is all wooded. Bring tick & bug spray, folding chairs etc.
Shooting positions we be standing and kneeling, some prone. This is more of a tactical, target match.

We will have a few barricades and obstacles. Nothing hard.

We were going to restrict ammo to CCI standard velocity. But you bring what ever .22 LR ammo you want to run!!
**UPDATE**

Last edited:
Is that including my self and my friend?
We have several local shooters who I know are going to attend. And this morning I am going to a shoot to promote it as well. Only 2 have paid as of now, but we should have 12-15 show up, just from the shooters we know who run rimfire matches locally.

October 6 is fast approaching and We have been working on the rimfire shoot property. Just wanted to go over a few things.
This will be a run & gun event. Very short running! But the area does cover a up hill, wooded area.

So bring bug and insect spray.
Safety glasses!
Hearing protection
Water or soda
Chair, if so desired
300 rounds of 22 LR ammo. The round count is for entire stage, not all at once!!

The stages will be short, but spread out. Safety meeting will be @ 10:00 A.M. Gate will be closed @ 9:55!
The property is between Calhoun Ga. & Fairmount Ga. On Hwy 53.

Some rimfire pistol targets will be in this event guys..

Last edited:
I put out 89 targets today with this being 6 stages. 2 pistol stages. 4 Rifle stages. Standing. And rifle prone. And walking up hill and down hill is involved. This is a tactical style match guys. Should be fun!!

The prizes have changed some. The Half off Ga. Tax included for the Liberty Kodiak T/L is still a go.
2nd place is $200 cash. 3rd place prize $50.00 cash.

October 6 is fast approaching and We have been working on the rimfire shoot property. Just wanted to go over a few things.
This will be a run & gun event. Very short running! But the area does cover a up hill, wooded area.

So bring bug and insect spray.
Safety glasses!
Hearing protection
Water or soda
Chair, if so desired
300 rounds of 22 LR ammo. The round count is for entire stage, not all at once!!

The stages will be short, but spread out. Safety meeting will be @ 10:00 A.M. Gate will be closed @ 9:55!
The property is between Calhoun Ga. & Fairmount Ga. On Hwy 53.

Some rimfire pistol targets will be in this event guys..
Update
Ok guys, Next weekend In Fairmount Ga. we will have out 1st .22 tactical match. Address is 8316 Fairmount Hwy, Fairmount GA.

From Atlanta I.75 North to Calhoun Ga. Take exit # 312 Hwy 53. Exit, go east (Right turn Clyde) 7 miles. Look for match sign on left on road.
The propert is halfway between I.75 & Hwy 411. My number is (423) 290-1799 Call if you get lost or need more info.
Entry is $30.00 and as stated before, we must have (8)paid shooters to have prizes.
Don't forget to bring safety glass & hearing protection. You will be doing some light running and sitting, along with some prone shooting. For the pistol section, a secure holster must be worn or you can stage your weapon at that stages start point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom