• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Noveske question

PStough

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
Have an opportunity to buy a gen1 chainsaw rifle. What little research I did, noveske only released 200 of these rifles. Anybody have any more knowledge on them or have one? Any key things to look for to make sure it’s legit? Guy doesn’t have the box..

wondering if it’s worth the gamble or should I put the money towards a n4 shorty or another infidel.

thanks for any input

Most likely a home built gun. Bullseye was selling Gen 1 chainsaw lowers for many years. I bought a few gen2 or Gen 3. and built what I consider better than factory rifles for a little less than factory.
If you aren’t going for the collectibility buy a Gen 2 or later lower and a comple upper.

If he doesn't have the COA ask him if he'll provide you with the serial number. You can call the folks at Noveske (Matt) and ask them to verify how it left their shop. A fella was trying to sell a rifle on here a few months back that was purported to be a factory built rifle but in fact it left Noveske as a lower only. Caveat emptor.

In for picture of COA in case I want to sell one of my rifles.

just kidding. But wanted to point out that a coa is worth about $1000 in my basic knowledge of noveske pricing.
I wouldn’t be in the market for a factory rifle myself, but if I were, the only information I woulld trust is a verification from Noveske.
Even if it is a factory rifle, make sure the upper and barrel match factory specs.

There is just so much room to lose money on these rifles.
A factory switchblock upper only. Is going to cost a lot more than a decent complete rifle.

Hmm....... in my small knowledge of noveske, the chainsaw is a blemished lower usually sold stripped. In for details, I love learning something new.

In the past a Chainsaw marked lower was a serviceable cosmetic blem and sold at the normal AR15 lower price.

Of all the Chainsaw lowers I have seen the shade of the finish or a very small scratch was the worst.
In most cases unless you know what to look for you would miss it.
Make no mistake however in thinking a Chainsaw homebuild is worth half the price of a factory Noveske.

Back
Top Bottom