Not new but first meeting with:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
No real place to post this so I'll put it here. I got a chance to meet Repeat Defender this evening in the course of a trade with Steve. I didn't have a deal with Repeat so I can't leave Itrader but He's certainly one of the good guys and I look forward to working a deal with him or just shooting the breeze with him if I'm up his way.

I think it would be cool if we had a thread just to pass along our experiences meeting each other. So far mine have ALL been great and I'd like to give credit to the cool ODT'ers I've met even when I haven't actually had a deal going with them.

Aww shucks, man! It was my pleasure to meet another great member of the forum, not to mention our CinC here at the ODT! Now I've got two new faces to put with screen names and met two great fellas in the process.

I think Mdog has a great idea here!

No real place to post this so I'll put it here. I got a chance to meet Repeat Defender this evening in the course of a trade with Steve. I didn't have a deal with Repeat so I can't leave Itrader but He's certainly one of the good guys and I look forward to working a deal with him or just shooting the breeze with him if I'm up his way.

I think it would be cool if we had a thread just to pass along our experiences meeting each other. So far mine have ALL been great and I'd like to give credit to the cool ODT'ers I've met even when I haven't actually had a deal going with them.

Aww shucks, man! It was my pleasure to meet another great member of the forum, not to mention our CinC here at the ODT! Now I've got two new faces to put with screen names and met two great fellas in the process.

I think Mdog has a great idea here!

After I met up with you guys I headed over to meet a guy who wanted to look at a revolver I had up for trade. I get to the meeting spot and he shows up and turns out to be an LEO. He asks if I mind if he runs the serial number and I said of course not, go ahead. I actually got it from another LEO who got it through an FFL so I really wasn't worried. So, he calls it in and it comes back as flagged or something, not stolen but more like "missing." Awesome.

So he calls the local PD, an officer comes out, takes possession of the revolver, and we ride down to the police station. They get the info faxed over and check it out, and call the ATF agent listed on the fax. Long story short it all worked out and we finished our deal, but man that will get your blood flowing!

WOW! Glad it worked out but I bet it was sphincter puckering for a few there.

*glances suspiciously at the gun he recently got from Okuma "fast and furious" Steve*

;)

It helped that I was sure of the story behind where it came from and who I got it from, if it was random I would have been sweating it a lot more.

After I met up with you guys I headed over to meet a guy who wanted to look at a revolver I had up for trade. I get to the meeting spot and he shows up and turns out to be an LEO. He asks if I mind if he runs the serial number and I said of course not, go ahead. I actually got it from another LEO who got it through an FFL so I really wasn't worried. So, he calls it in and it comes back as flagged or something, not stolen but more like "missing." Awesome.

So he calls the local PD, an officer comes out, takes possession of the revolver, and we ride down to the police station. They get the info faxed over and check it out, and call the ATF agent listed on the fax. Long story short it all worked out and we finished our deal, but man that will get your blood flowing!

wow ....... what a PITA !

glad it was all cool ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom