Northfork Bullets-- now available again, starting tomorrow

kuduman

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
So Reloading International has just received a shipment of Northfork bullets, though I expect this first batch is all spoken for. Production moved to Sweden IIRC, and COVID delayed everything by like a year.

These are among the best (best IMO) African hunting bullets in medium and big-bores. .375 and up.

I am almost out of .375 SPs, and thought I was going to have to suck it up and switch to Swift A-frames. Looks like I'm not. NFs are not cheap-- far from cheap, but are fantastic. Accurate, high velocity for a given powder charge, cannot come apart, etc. Decades of reading material out there about their design and performance on say Accuratereloading.com.

Because the back is copper, with the lead up front; like a Partition or A-frame just with no lead in the back... they go straight in game. This makes them long for weight, but the grooves make up for that. Anyway, lots to read about the design if this interests you. I can vouch that the design performs as intended.

I killed my big kudu with one, and a whole bunch of other plains game. Very happy with the performance; all recovered bullets look just like the web page-- perfect mushrooms.

Their solids pretty much set the standard, though Barnes and others have now copied NF's designs since they worked the best.

Anyway, you can do much worse, but maybe not better, in choosing a bullet for an African trip.

Back
Top Bottom