• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

No tax stamp and instant BG check for suppressor, YES PLEASE

I'm glad to see the bill moving forward but to me it's still not far enough. If you have to fill out a 4473 or similar form to buy a can over the counter that is STILL gubment intrusion. There should be no paperwork on an object that can't fire a projectile. In short a suppressor is NOT a firearm. It's an accessory. So filling out gubment forms.to get one even same day over the counter type sales is like having to fill out the same form to by mags, scopes,slings or bipods.

As far as getting the money back, I could imagine it working out to be a bargaining chip. The idea that "we will pass it, if you remove such and such..."

Ding Ding Ding. Don't expect a refund or tax credit this will get stripped out for this to have any chance to pass.

I'm glad to see the bill moving forward but to me it's still not far enough. If you have to fill out a 4473 or similar form to buy a can over the counter that is STILL gubment intrusion. There should be no paperwork on an object that can't fire a projectile. In short a suppressor is NOT a firearm. It's an accessory. So filling out gubment forms.to get one even same day over the counter type sales is like having to fill out the same form to by mags, scopes,slings or bipods.

Put it that way and it seems like you have to pay $200 for a tax stamp and wait an eternity before you can take home a set of ear protection. You are 100% spot on.

I'll join that one. Do I get a patch or something?
good-job-participating-meme.jpg

Back
Top Bottom