• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

No more walking dead on dish!!

the_great_white

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
122   0
Reaction score
DISH Network is dropping AMC at the end of the month so you will not be able to watch the Walking Dead on DISH Network. Make the proper arrangements before Season 3!!

Just a heads up!!

This is the response I got from Dish when I complained about losing AMC. Sucks cuz im locked in a 2 yr contract with these ****ers. Funny thing is that they are claiming AMC wants Dish to pay more or something, which will cause my payment to go up, do you think that they are going to discount my monthly bill now that I'm losing a channel? I think not.

Dear Valued DISH customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. We value your business and the opportunity to discuss this situation with you.

It’s in our DNA to provide the best programming to our customers at the best value possible. That’s our first priority and it guides how we run the business. As we keep customers first, we’re constantly making evaluations on the value various channels bring to the DISH family.

AMC Networks requires us to provide and pay for channels beyond AMC, including WE tv and IFC which, as a whole, do not deliver value to our customer base for the price demanded. Providing value to our customers is at the core of our business. We are the only Pay TV provider to not have raised your programming prices this year and as a result, we cannot ask our customers to pay more for this extraneous programming.

We regret that AMC Networks has chosen to involve viewers at this time. Our contract does not allow us to go into further details, however, we remain hopeful that we can find a resolution that brings AMC’s networks at a value they’ve come to expect.

Please keep in mind that you are still able to watch programming on AMC (ch 9609 - SD/9610 - HD), IFC (ch. 9607), and WE tv (ch.9608), and you will still be able to view the finale of The Killing Part 1 on Sunday, June 10th and Part 2 on Sunday, June 17th.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
DISH.

http://www.keepamcnetworks.com/facts

THE REAL REASON DISH IS DROPPING AMC NETWORKS…

In a ruling filed on Thursday, April 26, 2012, the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court denied DISH’s application to further appeal a prior trial court decision sanctioning it for bad-faith destruction of evidence in the ongoing VOOM HD/DISH litigation. The case has now been set for a trial beginning September 18th..

The case began in 2008, when VOOM HD (an indirect subsidiary of AMC Networks) sued DISH Network for breach of contract. The case concerns a contract in which DISH agreed to carry a suite of HD networks known as VOOM for 15 years. In early 2008, DISH improperly terminated the VOOM contract, and VOOM HD filed suit, seeking over $2.5 billion in damages.

In a pre-trial ruling, the trial court judge ruled that DISH had destroyed evidence in the case, citing DISH’s “pattern of egregious conduct and questionable – and, at times, blatantly improper – litigation tactics.” The Appellate Division recently affirmed the trial court ruling, writing that DISH “acted in bad faith in destroying electronically stored evidence.” And on April 26, 2012, the Appellate Division denied DISH leave to further appeal the decision The trial court has now set the trial date.

Within days of the denial of DISH’s final avenue of pre-trial appeal, DISH informed AMC Networks of its intention to drop its award-winning networks.

In response to DISH’s decision, AMC Networks released the following statement: “AMC Networks has some of the most acclaimed programming on television, with shows like “Mad Men,” “The Walking Dead” and “Breaking Bad.” In fact, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” is the number one scripted drama with DISH subscribers.*

It is unfortunate that, because of setbacks in an unrelated litigation, DISH even suggests that they might deny their customers access to some of their favorite networks and shows that are offered by every other major satellite and cable TV provider.”

Well on the bright side, within an hour of airing, you will be able to download torrents for the new episodes in 1080p...Ahh the power of the internet. The downside is, youll be an hour behind everyone else

Back
Top Bottom