• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Nissan Hardbody Transmission

fire16609

Firefighter Supporter
ODT Junkie!
254   0
Reaction score
Im looking for a transmission for a 1995 Nissan pickup 5spd 4 cyl 2wd. My truck started making a rattling noise underneath. I located and drained the oil out of transmission and found some pieces of one of the bearings inside. I filled it back up with oil and and it stopped rattling and everything works as it should. I know its not going to last long though. Any help would be appreciated. Pm me please!!!

Those are a tough one to find cheap. I have a spare gearbox from a 95' short wheel base 2wd, but it's got a bad 1st gear. Rebuilds are around $650-$750. Also, if you get a used one, the ext cab shifter will not work in the short wheel base reg cab. I got lucky on mine when 1st gear went. I bought a used gearbox for $150 but I had to pull it from the truck myself. All I did wash flush it, swap shifters, and add new gear oil. Been going 50,000 miles since then.

I will keep a lookout though. The junkyards want a nice premium for those darn things! Also, the clutch, tob, and pilot bearing are only about $90. It's worth while to replace while the gearbox is out.

Lastly, the speedo plug in is interchangeable between the mechanical an electric. You just swap those to if getting an older transmission.

Back
Top Bottom