• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night Vision?

sog

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Hey,
Who out there has NVG for SHTF or other uses? What model do you have, what did you pay for it, and how do you like it? I'm thinking about trying to pick up some NVG stuff, but am having a hard time deciding between active (IR flashlight-equipped) and passive (doesn't light you up like a flare for other NVG, but costs way more). Then the next question is head-mounted, monocular, or weapon-mounted. What're your thoughts?

Hey,
Who out there has NVG for SHTF or other uses? What model do you have, what did you pay for it, and how do you like it? I'm thinking about trying to pick up some NVG stuff, but am having a hard time deciding between active (IR flashlight-equipped) and passive (doesn't light you up like a flare for other NVG, but costs way more). Then the next question is head-mounted, monocular, or weapon-mounted. What're your thoughts?

when the SHTF..i figure i will just wait till its day time and take someone elses.

but seriously.. i love nightvision, I have a gen 1 handheld monocular that is pretty crappy but didnt break the bank many years ago. I would like a nice NVG binocular set up but I dont have any money.

Nods are nice to have but they chew through batteries are heavy and generate heat. Put the money into quality glass and a good light and learn to work in the dark more often to help your eyes adjust easier.

I believe the old, old saying... and hate to be cliche' but... I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I believe NV and Electronic Ear Muffs that amplify sound as well as attenuate it ate a superior edge that may be gained for little cost. Even if the batts only last x amount of time, the time it is up may be crucial. Monocular or bino and weapon mounted.

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1318995682&sr=1-1

http://www.nightvisionetc.com/?gclid=CP7n7fDr86sCFYaC5QodBCHNLQ

I have several monoculars which are ok, but night owl makes a binocular type for about $500 which are really trick! I really like mine!

They are the 5x night owl explorer!

Last edited:
Well here is the thing if you get a scope you can spot or shoot.If you get goggles you can only look.I have played with alot and I will tell you anything other than a quility gen 3 is not worth it.That being said D740 agm and D760 agm are the way to go .High yes worth it hell yes.No illuminaters needed and never pay advertised price any dealer can do better on price if they wont dont buy from them.

Well here is the thing if you get a scope you can spot or shoot.If you get goggles you can only look.I have played with alot and I will tell you anything other than a quility gen 3 is not worth it.That being said D740 agm and D760 agm are the way to go .High yes worth it hell yes.No illuminaters needed and never pay advertised price any dealer can do better on price if they wont dont buy from them.
Dam! And I thought my gun was expensive! I'd love to try that thing out. Can you see to TX with that puppy?

Back
Top Bottom