• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NFALawyers Initial Review of 41P

So if I want an sbr I have to get a dedicated lower. The question is do I have to buy and put in jail like a suppressor or do I complete the paperwork and use as a rifle until the stamp comes back and then get it engraved?

So if I want an sbr I have to get a dedicated lower. The question is do I have to buy and put in jail like a suppressor or do I complete the paperwork and use as a rifle until the stamp comes back and then get it engraved?

You can SBR any lower you already have and do like you say, use it as a rifle or even a pistol until your stamp gets approved.

Sorry Nate, but I'm not the troll here. I'm not the one crapping on a competitor's thread by spamming it with my own services, taking passive aggressive pot shots, and calling it participation.

I don't know you, but you know my name, not sure why you felt you could use it. Following me/my posts around really would be trolling, unlike anything I've ever done here. Basically, I have not been passive aggressive or taken pot shots. If I had wanted to, there would be no mistaking it. I am trying to help all ODTers get good information in a kind way. That is my interest. Differing opinions are valuable to all members and just provide a broader perspective.

I issued a legal analysis on this thread on a new issue on which I believe strongly that Dean jumped the gun and could possibly harm others (through issued opinion). This is a public forum, so any opinion is subject to scrutiny. Who better to offer counterpoints than another attorney? If you don't want scrutiny, don't post in a public forum. Just buy an ad and leave it alone. By posting, you invite comment, and if not, that is an unreasonable expectation. This is why when other attorneys break into threads I have started I leave it alone--even if they really are advertising or trolling. I have noticed that Dean and his friends have not attempted to discuss the content of my opinion or substantively defend his own. Instead, I am now dealing with being attacked by his friends in an attempt to silence the public discussion.

Take notice though, I did not mention my business in my first post because advertising is not why I posted.

I am going say one last thing, and I hope it doesn't sound as harsh as things tend to over the Internet. If we are claming spaces on this forum/site, I donated my legal services to help found ODT with Okuma Steve, and based on that, with the rules you are implying, no other attorney should be posting on ODT at all. However, I have never taken that attitude, and I don't think others should either. I support an open discourse between gun owners and 2nd Amendment rights supporters that can be beneficial to the community as a whole. It is why I donated my expertise in the first place to ODT.

That is it for me on this thread. Have a good evening.

You can SBR any lower you already have and do like you say, use it as a rifle or even a pistol until your stamp gets approved.

If you take a pistol lower and use it as the base for your SBR rifle you can not even buy the stuff (rifle receiver extension) to make it into a rifle, prior to getting approval or you will be in hot water. You can put a rifle upper on it as long as it does not have a rifle stock. I just want to clarify that point before someone gets in trouble.

In the save vain you can not stick a pistol length upper on a rifle lower without prior approval.

If you started out with a rifle lower you can continue to use it with a rifle length upper until it is approved.

If you take a pistol lower and use it as the base for your SBR rifle you can not even buy the stuff (rifle receiver extension) to make it into a rifle, prior to getting approval or you will be in hot water. You can put a rifle upper on it as long as it does not have a rifle stock. I just want to clarify that point before someone gets in trouble.

In the save vain you can not stick a pistol length upper on a rifle lower without prior approval.

If you started out with a rifle lower you can continue to use it with a rifle length upper until it is approved.

Yes my statement was based on the original configuration of the firearm as from the factory. If its a rifle you can continue to use as such while you wait for the Form 1. Same if its a pistol, continue use as a pistol until approval. You can slap a pistol upper on your rifle lower if you exchange the rifle stock and buffer tube for a pistol or brace type setup. That just really demonstrates the foolishness of the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom