• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New way too stop fleeing vehicles

WOW...
Really a cool invention. LEO don't even has to do the tip maneuver....
Very impressive!!
Damn.jpg

The "Grappler" bwaaahaha - gimme a break. That's so 20th. century yesterday technology, and only $5,000 a pop for 80-90% effectiveness too.

I know this would help break the boredom that some LEO's suffer from on slow days, and also appeal to those LEO's that need to burn off some energy when they've missed a gym workout and really enjoy the "posse" style chases, but really, there's a much safer way.

On Star from GM has been opening locked cars from satellites for years, and today we can start or stop most car's engines from a remote location any time we want. I know this may not sit well with those of you that value personal privacy, but I would have no problem with LEO's having the code to stop my car's engine if needed. Who knows, if I get car-jacked the LEO's may be able to stop it before the perp. gets it up 100 plus mph and loses control. More important than my car not getting damaged though is the strong possibility that this may also save some innocent lives. Look at the stats. on some of the wild-ass car chases we have seen in recent years - not pretty.

Why this capability hasn't been used yet amazes me. Insurance companies can provide an app. for your phone to bluetooth monitor your driving style so you can reduce your premium if warranted. I can plug in a computer module that tells me what kind of problem I may be having with my engine or transmission etc. etc. There has to be some sort of computer/GPS module that will provide for electronic engine shut off. And that costs less than $5,000 and would be a whole lot safer and more effective than Grapplers and high speed chases. Seems to me that the only information the LEO would need to get the code would be the license tag number.

Just my 2c. If I'm missing something feel free to school me. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom