• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New to me FN 49

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
Just picked it up on Saturday, barrel was filthy but it cleaned up nicely.

Looks like a mash up of a Garand, Lee-Enfield, SVT 40 and a G43.

This is an Egyptian 8mm, would love to find a 30-06 one day.

Taking it to the
FN49 (2).JPG
FN49 (5).JPG
FN49 (6).JPG
FN49 (7).JPG
FN49 (8).JPG
range on Saturday.

Had one of these, fun to shoot and accurate for an old semi auto. Make sure you get the end piece under the front sight on correctly for the gas system or you will have a single shot. Rotated one way its semi auto, the other its a single shot. Think that was for launching grenades but I cant remember for sure.

Had one of these, fun to shoot and accurate for an old semi auto. Make sure you get the end piece under the front sight on correctly for the gas system or you will have a single shot. Rotated one way its semi auto, the other its a single shot. Think that was for launching grenades but I cant remember for sure.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I watched a great Youtube on disassembly, the gas system was a little hard to remove probably because the previous owner didn't clean it well.

Want to pick up some non corrosive 8mm. I hate shooting corrosive in my semi autos, but will probably shoot some this time and clean the hell out of it after.

Ive had cycling issues with my fn49 when i use modern ammo. Its my undertanding that some rifles use it fine while othrs do not. The yugo surplus brass seems to work best for me, with the romanian 'LPS' from spam cans a close second. Feel free to drop me a pm if you need any or would like to try a little so see what works for yours.

Back
Top Bottom