• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New M16s Auctioned to Civilians....

The way I read it I believe these are for class 3 dealers only and probley not for resale. As in demo only. Could be wrong thought its been know to happen says the wife.
Probably dealer only because easier to transfer to dealers in this case

Demo guns (post 86 dealer samples are no more expensive than a semi, brand for brand). DSC or DPMS post sample M16s are under $900, brand new in box.

I recall a gov't program to allow LEO departments buy surplus military arms for real cheap, like $1.00. IF that's how they got these, then it's a pretty good racket with a 15,000%+ mark up.

I recall a gov't program to allow LEO departments buy surplus military arms for real cheap, like $1.00. IF that's how they got these, then it's a pretty good racket with a 15,000%+ mark up.

Weapons from Uncle Sugar are transferred on Form 10, which effectively restricts them to LEO or military only, never again to transfer on a Form 4 to 'civilians'.

These weapons came from a Tennessee State training facility. They are probably upgrading. Those Colts were never Federal Property.

Good for them, Tennessee, making a profit, and releasing transferable NFA back into circulation.

Back
Top Bottom