• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New M16s Auctioned to Civilians....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Maybe if we see a ton of other states hard up for money, they price might move down from "freaking insane" to "just plain crazy."

http://asset-auctions.assetnation.com/index.cfm/general/AuctionDetail/AuctionID/3817/page/1

-This is the first one of these I have seen. Interesting way to raise mad cash!

(Of course, if the CMP busted out an auction with about 100000 of those things, prices might come down to what I could afford!)

(I know-Keep dreaming.)

Last edited:
No details on new or not. Probably not new, slings are attached & they don't come that way from Colt. Probably Police Department owned rifles. NIB Colt M16s would be worth more than 16K, thats the higher range price for a shooter.

No details on new or not. Probably not new, slings are attached & they don't come that way from Colt. Probably Police Department owned rifles. NIB Colt M16s would be worth more than 16K, thats the higher range price for a shooter.

I would think they are pre 1986. I don't think a civilian could own one manufactured after that date, not matter the price. I am not an expert, but that is my understanding.

The way I read it I believe these are for class 3 dealers only and probley not for resale. As in demo only. Could be wrong thought its been know to happen says the wife.

Those M16's were transferable. They were used, and some were even blocked from selecting full auto.

I started watching them in the 5k range, but that was days before the end of the auction.

Rich

Those M16's were transferable. They were used, and some were even blocked from selecting full auto.

I started watching them in the 5k range, but that was days before the end of the auction.

Rich

I am familiar with the "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" philosophy of the ATF, but how does that full auto block work?

I guess since it is a legal machine gune, maybe the block could be removed and turn it back into full auto?

-Man, this kind of stuff gets complicated!

Back
Top Bottom