• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation'

Tom made some good movies. Really got a kick out of Bachelor Party, Big and Splash(Darryl Hanna! Drool!), but he hasn't made anything worth watching since Band of Brothers in 2001, with the possible exception of The Da Vinci Code.

As for Neuman...really? In the last 20 years what, aside from some half-decent salad dressing did he give us? Not much. Well, there WAS this contribution:
Longtime supporter of gun control, and a member of Handgun Control Inc.

Looks like both of them stopped being goods actor years ago.

But they both managed to spend their lives supporting the progressive agendas. Hanks supported Obama in '08 and Newman was a lifelong liberal and supporter of democrats from LBJ to Al Franken.

they did share at least one other common theme. One played a gay character and the other really wanted to.

Hanks:
His heroic Oscar-winning gay character Andrew Beckett in the 1993 film Philadelphia (1993) was ranked #49 on the Amerian Film Institute's heroes list of the 100 years of The Greatest Screen Heroes and Villians.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000158/bio

Newman:
In the 1970s, long before Brokeback Mountain (2005), he was thwarted by Hollywood in his desire to star in the movie version of the best-selling novel "The Front Runner", about the love affair between a male coach and a male star runner. The project remains unmade.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000056/bio

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock has done a rather good job in several family movies. Return to Witch Mountain and The Tooth Fairy both come to mind. He's no Jimmy Stewert but then again, who is?

And An Added Note:
I really hope Im wrong about 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation'
I want it to be a good one.
I hope so also, they took too many liberties with the 1st movie. I hope this one is a bit better. Also, there are sooooo many characters the rock would have been better suited for. He is playing "roadblock" who in the cartoon and comic, was a loud, brash and comically southern black guy. Terry Cruze would have been a way better choice.

Back
Top Bottom