• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Cartridge coming soon. 41 Great lakes

Is this video legit or a scam to draw attention & "hits" to somebody's page?

Anyhow, my opinion is that AR rifles already have enough options for big bore straight walled cartridges that are good for hunting out to a couple hundred yards.

This sounds like the rifle equivalent of a 41 Remington magnum for revolvers it "fills a gap" that nobody cares about.

Is this video legit or a scam to draw attention & "hits" to somebody's page?

Anyhow, my opinion is that AR rifles already have enough options for big bore straight walled cartridges that are good for hunting out to a couple hundred yards.

This sounds like the rifle equivalent of a 41 Remington magnum for revolvers it "fills a gap" that nobody cares about.
Hey ! I resemble that remark !! LOL 😂

37839D3A-667B-46E9-8D40-6DC0BC624C84.jpeg

Here's what I'd be interested in for full length bolt action hunting rifles, not for any semi autos.

Cut off a .30-06 case just behind where the case tapers for the shoulder,
leaving the brass with a .45 inch outside diameter, about 2" long.

The back end of this case would only be .47 inch, so I assume it would still be considered "straight walled" for the purposes of hunting regulations.
( and it would have to headspace on the case mouth.)

Put a 300-450 grain bullet in there, something nicely pointed and aerodynamic.

Blow it out the barrel at 2000 feet per second in the 300 grain "standard" or supersonic loading,

but also produce a subsonic version with a 450 grain bullet down to 1000 f/sec. muzzle velocity.

For safety, make sure bullet extends out the front of the case far enough to make the OAL incompatible with a standard 30-06 chamber.

Ensure the powder charge fills most all of the space behind the projectile, so that the bullet cannot be set back during chambering in a standard 30-06 rifle. Make sure the bolt of a .30-06 rifle will not close over this round.

Back
Top Bottom