Need some shotgun recommendations!

wberry85

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
New to shotguns and the sport of bird hunting and I wanted to get some recommendations from yall about a good first shotgun. I dont want to spend over $500 for one and I am looking to buy new. I really like the SxS look.

Got my eye on a Stoeger Uplander or Condor but I have heard mixed reviews on Stoeger. Also heard good things about a Yildiz. Local Bass Pro has a Remington 870 pump for $300 but I dont know how well that would do for skeet.

Suggestions?

The 870 is a great gun.. I have owned one for a while and it is my go-to gun.

In my opinion it is hard the beat benelli for quality. I have one of the lower end guns (nova) and i use it for waterfowl and it is great. Browning has some nice shotguns also. I have never been to impressed with mossberg. Just my .02...

you can find a supernova for a good deal now and they are nice (kick like a mule). 870 is a great gun (i have a super mag for my turkey gun) and absolutely love it. My buddy has a mossy 835 and loves it but it don't feel right to me. You just gotta go to a gun store and shoulder different guns and find the one that feels right fir you. If you look around on the trader you can find a nice O/U, SxS, Auto, or jam up pump for under 500.

First I am an auto guy, I currently shoot a Stoeger M2000. I will be adding either a M2 or SBE2 to my arsenal this year. I am a huge waterfowl hunter and I will shoot about 3 cases of steel in a gun each year. This past season was my first with the M2000 and it handled the pressure very well. LMK if I can help any more!!!

Last edited:
First I am an auto guy, I currently shoot a Stoeger M2000. I will be adding either a M2 or SBE2 to my arsenal this year. I am a huge waterfowl hunter and I will shoot about 3 cases of lead(steel) in a gun each year. This past season was my first with the M2000 and it handled the pressure very well. LMK if I can help any more!!!

Fixed it for you...

I borrowed a Beretta to shoot sport clays the other day. While they would be out of the range stated by the OP, that was a darn good shooting gun. Very quick, smooth cycling and the recoil wasn't bad at all. Shot 75 12ga rounds and was very impressed.

Everyone is going to laugh but I shoot a Smith&Wesson Model 1000 and love it. Super Light, soft shooting and mine has nice inlays that I think are pretty cool. Paid a guy 185$ for it back when I was a teenager.

Mossberg 590 all the way ! Holds 9 rounds and you can all kinds of accessories. The US Special Forces wouldn't carry it if it weren't worth it !

Back
Top Bottom