• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help deciding(UPDATE 2/28 RANGE REPORT)-KINDA

Cleaned the Tisas 1911A1 US ARMY really good and oiled her up good. Looked hard for something wrong with it and couldn't find anything other than "made in Turkey". No tooling marks, scratches, flaws of any kind.
I've got a small range behind my house on my property and can shoot pistols out to about 40 yds.
I've got gong targets set up at 20-25 yds that I can shoot off my back deck. I shot 2 mags of 230 ball and 2 mags of 230HP this afternoon with no FTF or FTE. Sights are pretty much dead on when I do my part, other than the fact I can't hardly see them with my old eyes. That's ok though.
Brought it back in, took it back apart, cleaned, re oiled and checked for any metal to metal wear signs, didn't see anything at all.
I'm very happy with this 1911 for what I wanted it for.
Anyway, thought I'd give you guys a little report.

We need confirmation that you didnt put an "Idiot Scratch" on it! Great report overall!

Cleaned the Tisas 1911A1 US ARMY really good and oiled her up good. Looked hard for something wrong with it and couldn't find anything other than "made in Turkey". No tooling marks, scratches, flaws of any kind.
I've got a small range behind my house on my property and can shoot pistols out to about 40 yds.
I've got gong targets set up at 20-25 yds that I can shoot off my back deck. I shot 2 mags of 230 ball and 2 mags of 230HP this afternoon with no FTF or FTE. Sights are pretty much dead on when I do my part, other than the fact I can't hardly see them with my old eyes. That's ok though.
Brought it back in, took it back apart, cleaned, re oiled and checked for any metal to metal wear signs, didn't see anything at all.
I'm very happy with this 1911 for what I wanted it for.
Anyway, thought I'd give you guys a little report.

Back
Top Bottom