• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help deciding(UPDATE 2/28 RANGE REPORT)-KINDA

Putnambuck

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
I'm about to get another 1911 but want a cheap mil spec gun this time I don't have to be so careful with. I've got it down to 2 choices. Both have 70 series internals.

(1) Tisas 1911-A1 US Army which is the closest thing I could find in my price range to the WW2 version.

(2) Charles Daly 1911-A1 which is more or less made to the same specs.
Bothe these guns are in the $410-$440 price range which is just right for me.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge or pros-cons about either of these.
Keep in mind I'm at around a $500 limit.
Thanks in advance

Of those two, I'd probably buy the Charles Daly just because it's made in Italy instead of Turkey. Without having to pick those two, I'd probably look at the Taurus 1191101FS which should be around $500. Seems like much more gun. The better sites alone would do it for me. The sights on those other two are pretty puny and will be frustrating in very short order.

If I had to choose from those two I'd get the Charles Daly. I don't have experience with either, but I'd feel better looking at it with that name on it rather than Tisas.

I've looked over lower priced 1911's and figured if I were to pick one up it'd be a Rock Island. Many styles to choose from & factory finish options. I'm seriously thinking to pick up their nickel finish 45, but I've only seen the 38 Super available lately.

What I want is a Colt traditional Bright or stainless, but only when prices come back down to pre Covid.

Report of rust issues with the Tisas start at 10:30. Also something weird with safety earlier.
This guy’s pretty annoying, but overall good report.
Too much gobbledy gook in his presentation. That guy should not be trying to communicate with people via video.

Back
Top Bottom