• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need Safe repair/locksmith

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
Need suggestions/recommendations for a good reputable business/individual, to repair my safe combo lock. Not sure whats wrong but i believe its slipping and sometimes will not open when the combo is entered correctly. Dial is wobbly i assume from being dropped or tampered with. had the safe for 8 yrs now and no problems till recently and don't want my valuables eternally locked in a steel box. Im in NE Georgia and not sure if Atlanta area is too far to have someone drive out.

You were the first person to pop in my head to ask for recommendations/help when the problem popped up but i know you're basically on the other side of the planet. Its a Cannon 23-FB i believe, but not the original owner prob the 4th or 5th person to own it so i don't think any warranty still applies. When the dial rotates it sticks and you have to force it to continue rotating at a certain location. Also when rotating, the dial does not spin perfectly circular it will spin in a "wobble" pattern instead of a perfect circle/arc with the dial moving closer and further away from the safe creating a larger and smaller gap. Combo has always worked until just recently when it wouldnt accept the first 5 times i tried (thankfully worked on the 6th) and the dial has become much much more difficult to turn. I almost want to replace the lock because the dial override/lock key was lost by the previous owner.

Back
Top Bottom