• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need repair advice/ideas

oh, oh , oh let me guess/ The muffler bearings are failing.Now you have to guess how many fingers I'm holding up. Sorry I'm a automotive ASE technician. Did you follow your scheduled maintenance. Timing belt been replaced. Plugs, wires ect changed every 60k or so. does it have a CEL on. What are the codes, the P420 cat code, multiple missfire codes. PAY someone to do a complete diag on the vehicle or replace parts till they run out of parts or you run out of money. Or better ask people on a gun forum whats wrong with your Shark

Ease up on Potenza...he's as straight a shooter as I have seen in a while when it comes to auto techs. He did some work on my wife's ride and did it at a fair price. Well...the tech that did the work might disagree...the procedure he did on her vehicle was a major PITA...but it was money well spent to have them do it.

I'm not ASE certified...but I have been to school for auto tech. Just never went into the field...so I know the difference between a hack mechanic and a certified tech.

And as to the posted problem...could be any number of issues causing a sluggish condition when at operating conditions. A few buck spent on a proper diagnostic session will be money saved in unnecessary repairs/parts.

Last edited:
Ease up on Potenza...he's as straight a shooter as I have seen in a while when it comes to auto techs. He did some work on my wife's ride and did it at a fair price. Well...the tech that did the work might disagree...the procedure he did on her vehicle was a major PITA...but it was money well spent to have them do it.

I'm not ASE certified...but I have been to school for auto tech. Just never went into the field...so I know the difference between a hack mechanic and a certified tech.

And as to the posted problem...could be any number of issues causing a sluggish condition when at operating conditions. A few buck spent on a proper diagnostic session will be money saved in unnecessary repairs/parts.
I was just messing around and I agree there are some good ones out there, but a piece of paper don't make you a good mechanic. I have a buddy who is project coordinator for a mechanical company,he spent 4 years at GA state getting an art degree. He is good at his career, but technically his diplomas says he knows how to draw and paint.

I was just messing around and I agree there are some good ones out there, but a piece of paper don't make you a good mechanic. I have a buddy who is project coordinator for a mechanical company,he spent 4 years at GA state getting an art degree. He is good at his career, but technically his diplomas says he knows how to draw and paint.

Thanks for the kind words Jr, glad the wife's ride is still doing great. I have the paper and over 30 years experience, You take it to AZ they will give you a list of parts in CAN be, remember they are a parts store, You pay a good shop to diag the problem and you have the option of doing it yourself if so inclined

Thanks for the kind words Jr, glad the wife's ride is still doing great. I have the paper and over 30 years experience, You take it to AZ they will give you a list of parts in CAN be, remember they are a parts store, You pay a good shop to diag the problem and you have the option of doing it yourself if so inclined

Any time, man. And yes, it is still running great with no recurrence of the red-eyed monster (SES light) on the dash.

I just replaced the plugs and plug wires. For the record, I do maintain my vehicles, I'm not a tard... Just saying. As to the people with valid suggestions, thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom