• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Reloading Help in Midland

Are you processing your brass before you load or during the 8 station turn? If so, how/where do you trim, chamfer and deburr?

What/who's resizing die are you using? As others have mentioned, an SB die set is near critical when processing brass that's to be used in autoloading rifles.

Are you crimping after seating the bullet? Do you have a Lyman case gauge? Dillon case gauges are WAY too generous in my opinion. Lyman is much tighter.
Processing brass before loading, size, deprime, and trim, clean then set up to load.
Lee dies.
Crimping, then checking on a Dillon case gauge.

Are you sizing them before or after you trim them, all of the 5.56 brass I have seen in the last few years has been stretched out of spec on the first firing, So even after you trim when you resize it goes back to being too long to chamber.

Are you sizing them before or after you trim them, all of the 5.56 brass I have seen in the last few years has been stretched out of spec on the first firing, So even after you trim when you resize it goes back to being too long to chamber.
Both, I clean, size, deprime, swage, trim.
Then I clean, size, prime, powder, bullet drop, seat, crimp.
Maybe that could be it, but they all measure and check out identical compared to good rounds.

Back
Top Bottom