• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Reloading Help in Midland

BigBen66

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
I must be missing something and can't figure it out. I loaded about 300 rds. of .223 on my Dillon 1050 (my first reloads), (I know, should have checked a few of the first ones, ROOKIE MISTAKE) and they won't chamber in any of my AR's, actually get stuck in the chamber. I checked everything I know to check, even compared them to factory loads, that work fine and they are identical. They check out on the case gauge, O.A.L., Checked every measurement with my calipers. I've must have missed something. If you're near Midland and wouldn't mind stopping by for some pointers, I would appreciate it.

Get you an Ammo Checker Cartridge Gauge, Lyman, Hornady, Lee, all make them.

Might get a bullet puller hammer while you are at it so you can do a full length resize and think about aneling the case after the first firing and then thereafter, it will extend the case life.

I must be missing something and can't figure it out. I loaded about 300 rds. of .223 on my Dillon 1050 (my first reloads), (I know, should have checked a few of the first ones, ROOKIE MISTAKE) and they won't chamber in any of my AR's, actually get stuck in the chamber. I checked everything I know to check, even compared them to factory loads, that work fine and they are identical. They check out on the case gauge, O.A.L., Checked every measurement with my calipers. I've must have missed something. If you're near Midland and wouldn't mind stopping by for some pointers, I would appreciate it.
Try readjusting your sizing die, u have to make sure the whole brass is going into the sizing die, especially on semi auto!...don’t forget to lube

I use a small base FL sizing die on those type of cartridges. If they won't chamber it's probably something wrong with the sizing process. If I were closer I would let you size some with my die and see if that took care of the problem.

Are you processing your brass before you load or during the 8 station turn? If so, how/where do you trim, chamfer and deburr?

What/who's resizing die are you using? As others have mentioned, an SB die set is near critical when processing brass that's to be used in autoloading rifles.

Are you crimping after seating the bullet? Do you have a Lyman case gauge? Dillon case gauges are WAY too generous in my opinion. Lyman is much tighter.

Back
Top Bottom