• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need property markers found for tree removal (surveyor?) also will need a tree person.

steve2039

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
Getting landlocked by neighbors on each side and need to find property markers to drop trees. Short version is neighbors planted grass 20 feet into my property. It’s passed being neighborly once my dog gets yelled at for peeing on a down tree.

If you can find the property markers excellent. If you can do both, even better.

Located in gwinnett near rabbit hill rd and hurricane shoals.

We used these folks a couple of years ago to remove some trees. They were fantastic.
image.jpg

2 separate issues.

Please get a licensed surveyor to find (and mark) your property lines.

Anyone with a chainsaw can drop a tree. If you want a reference for an ODT member who cleared trees from my backyard shoot me a PM.

I had a buddy who inherited his family home with 200 acres. Long story short. Developers started building and those homes overlapped onto his property. after having his property lines surveyed and marked, he dropped trees and laid them out on his property line (this also f'd up the builders' construction site). Last I heard they were still in court.

Better to hit it head-on and nip it (adverse possession) in the bud.

To acquire permanent use of part of another's real estate you must meet the requirements of open notorious (that means obvious) continuous and hostile use (without permission) for the required number of years in the state where the property is located.

To prevent someone from gaining a permanent prescriptive easement over your property there are two primary methods (a) at least temporarily block the hostile use such as by erecting a fence to break the continuous use or (b) sue the trespasser for an injunction to stop the non-permitted use.

2 separate issues.

Please get a licensed surveyor to find (and mark) your property lines.

Anyone with a chainsaw can drop a tree. If you want a reference for an ODT member who cleared trees from my backyard shoot me a PM.

I had a buddy who inherited his family home with 200 acres. Long story short. Developers started building and those homes overlapped onto his property. after having his property lines surveyed and marked, he dropped trees and laid them out on his property line (this also f'd up the builders' construction site). Last I heard they were still in court.

Better to hit it head-on and nip it (adverse possession) in the bud.

To acquire permanent use of part of another's real estate you must meet the requirements of open notorious (that means obvious) continuous and hostile use (without permission) for the required number of years in the state where the property is located.

To prevent someone from gaining a permanent prescriptive easement over your property there are two primary methods (a) at least temporarily block the hostile use such as by erecting a fence to break the continuous use or (b) sue the trespasser for an injunction to stop the non-permitted use.
Fencing is going up after tree removal.

Back
Top Bottom