Need help with Walther PPK/s barrel replacement. Gunsmith suggestions?

Salient 1

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
I have a really nice Walther PPK/s in stainless that I need to have the barrel replaced. I have another barrel that is in a cut frame. Everything I have read says that a gunsmith has to press the old barrel out and press a new one in. I am seeking advise from the great ODT community to help me find a local gunsmith that can perform this service for me. I am located in the Acworth/Woodstock area, about 20 min north of Marietta. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Your assistance would be very much appreciated. God bless you all! Thanks, Warren

After I spoke with you, I remembered the location of the Carl Walther Factory Authorized Service Center, They should have the necessary tooling to press the barrel out and back in for you.
Website is http://www.carlwalther.com/page1.htm

Thank you Brian, I do appreciate the info. However, I hope to find someone locally that can do the work so that I don't have to deal with the hassle and cost of shipping the firearm. If there isn't a gunsmith that can do it locally, then I guess the Carl Walther Factory Authorized Service Center is my next best option. I do appreciate your response. I am still hoping to get lucky and someone here knows where I can get this work completed locally. Thanks!

Good luck in your search for someone local. Changing Walther Barrels is a pretty rare job and none of the gunsmiths I know in Georgia have the necessary equipment to do it right and not damage the frame.

Back
Top Bottom