• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need help with my AR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneill

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
My AR is all f'd up right now and I have no idea how to fix it. The bolt carrier group is locked in place, as in when I try to pull the charging handle back it won't come out no matter how hard I try. The bolt face of the BCG seems to be stuck in the chamber somehow. Any ideas? Gunsmith recommendations in the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area?

Locked in place, as in you were firing it and it LOCKED UP??

Or, you took it out of the storage case to go shoot at the range and it was locked up?

slingshot it. beat the stock on the ground hard as you pull the charging handle back.
this is how we did it in the military when that happened.

be prepared for **** to break though.

Locked in place, as in you were firing it and it LOCKED UP??

Or, you took it out of the storage case to go shoot at the range and it was locked up?

I was firing it and it just locked up. I had a jam (tulammo), cleared it, went to shoot another round and the trigger went click and from then on I haven't been able to pull the charging handle back. Even when I separate the upper and lower I can't get it out.

POGO it ... if you have a collapsable stock, collapse it down first. Grab the rifle by the forearm in the dominant hand as if you were going to masturbate. kneel on the ground and point the weapon AWAY from your face. Grab the charging handle with your off hand and stroke the butt of the rifle on the ground while pulling on the charging handle. This action should cause the charging handle to pull the bolt back and eject hopfully a spent round from the chamber.

Grab the rifle by the forearm in the dominant hand as if you were going to masturbate. And U know this how???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom