need help w/powder and wt. loading 3030

No no I'm not taking anything the wrong way and I shoot in the back not at a range any input is better than none and I haven't exceeded the specs ,back when the gun exploded I was useing spec's just the wrong SPEC for the powder
Thank God you weren't hurt. I love reloading. I've been doing it since high school. Yes we had a reloading club and a range on school grounds. 45 years ago. Stick with the formulas listed don't substitute powders even close burn rates can be deadly. Wish I had the range facilities now that I have time to do lots more reloading. Be safe

9 months is not alot of experience. Hot loads will tear a case up not the gun substituting powder is just wrong not advanced reloading, not close, not even a good guess it is just wrong. There are plenty of websites that will give you plenty of info. You are dealing with a controlled explosion. Onece you change any factor in the equation to something you guess or just don't know then it is no longer controlled it is just a explosion next to your face. Mount your riffle above your reloading bench were you can see it every time you pull that lever.

Accurate#9 is mostly for 44mag,444,4470 ,45lc it dose have a fast burn rate what I had done was loaded the accurate powder to IME 4320 specs witch wa about 30 grs it was just a rookie fu I couldn't find load specs for the cal. And powder but you want havw to worry about that again, last I loaded was 66gr sabots at 36.5 hrs set it on a bench rest and string pull the trigger with no misshaps so I'm gone until I find out other wise 36.5 hrs is a safe charge, on the other hand I debullited a factory rem 150 gr and it only had 17 hrs don't know what powder there Jason

Back
Top Bottom